Monday, 16 May 2016

REVIEW: Wrapture Zen Dove

On opening Zen Dove, I was struck by its texture. It was like no wrap I have ever felt before. This was something different. Something special. The word soft keeps coming to me, but that's not it. Soft doesn't come close to describing the fine, smooth, yet cushy feel. It had a fluffiness, without being fluffy, a silkiness without being silky. It had the airiness typical of bamboo, yet didn't have the slipperiness bamboo often does. As far as appearance, it had an understated elegance, a quiet, timeless beauty that could easily be dressed up to suit the most formal occasion or down for the most casual of days. Its soft, delicate colours reminiscent of cloudy skies or of foamy waves washing against gray sands.

As I wrapped with it the first time, I was a little sad that I didn't have a squish to wrap, its smooshy softness, medium stretch and relative thinness just called out for a squish. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the first pass held my 10 kg toddler firmly in place. A second and he was snug and secure, its delicate ridges providing a little hold to the carry. While it held firmly in a single layer, I felt a double layer gave it more support for a toddler. It was a pleasure to wrap with; passes gliding easily into place, knots sat beautifully and it moulded beautifully around my baby, no chance of baggy wrap jobs with this bandagey beauty! This wrap would be ideal for any wearer, gorgeous for a beginner or an asset to even the most varied stash.

The details:


Name: Zen Dove by Wrapture Australia

Composition: 57% Cotton, 6% Linen, 17% Viscose and 20% Bamboo. (247 g/m2)

Size reviewed: 4

Wrapee: 10kg 22 month old

Carries used: Robbin's, Half Jordan's back carry (3 hour walk, rugged terrain), double hammock, ruck, scarf carry, no sew ring sling.

Squish worthy: absolutely perfect!

Toddler worthy: yes, particularly in multiple layers. Possibly not if you like a really sturdy, solid toddler wrap.

Other points: medium width. Subtle, single rail middle marker. Medium tapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment